Monday, March 29, 2010

Crazy Buttons

I was in a little quilting store and saw some neat buttons made from plastic clay that you bake.  They were so pretty and SO expensive.  They couldn't be that hard to make could they?  I googled some directions and a short time later...these were born.  The copper cabochons will be made into a necklace and earrings.  I plan to copper foil them and then solder connecting rings...we'll see how that plays out, may not work with the heat and the plastic, but I'm gonna give it a try.  Worst case scenario, I will just have to screw in connectors or wire them.  Either will be pretty.These were experimental, and I learned a bit as I went along.  I incorporated  gold foil, glitter, random bits of colored clay, then rolled them  and shaped them to get the swirling effect.  Kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment