Saturday, July 17, 2010

Batik Jacket

I found this delicious fuchsia batik at Beverly's Fabrics.  Last night I cut out a jacket, from the pattern by CNT Pattern Company called "A Little Somethin' Jacket".  I wanted to try this pattern out first in a light weight cotton for summer to see if I would like it in perhaps a corduroy or a blended wool for winter.  It went together incredibly fast!  I don't think I spent more than an hour on this.  There are a total of 6 seams in the jacket and then you will need to hem the sleeves and the bottom and stitch down the neckline.  Here's how it turned out...

I think I will sew some light weight shoulder pads for it today.  It has a nice drape, no buttons, self facing, really a very easy pattern.  I have a Fuchsia dress that this will go nicely with and I think it would look nice over levi's or slacks too.  

Here is a link for the pattern company, they have a great selection of patterns, many which would be great quilted!  http://www.cntpattern.com/Patterns.html

No comments:

Post a Comment