Thursday, July 29, 2010

Starting Boxy Stars

I was looking at the scraps of batik that were left after I cut out my Batik Drunkard's Path quilt.  I recently joined an online quilting group and they have been making scrappy boxy star quilts from the pattern located at this web site: http://www.quiltville.com/boxystars.shtml

The pattern is very easy and it will be a great way to use up the bits I have left.  Here is the beginning of one of the blocks that I just made up.

I am stitching one extra seam before I cut each block, see below, which is creating another little 1/2 triangle square block for me to use in either the border or another quilt.


Here is how it looks when it's pressed out, it takes four of these to make the star.
So you would have 8 little squares left from one block.



I think this will turn out real pretty and it's a great way to use up my left over scraps!  I know this makes you happy Honey...no trips to the fabric store!  Saving $$$.  Still indulging my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment