Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little House Quilts

I have been asked by The Quilter's Club of America to do a little tutorial online about how to make my "Little House Quilts".  I have been having fun putting this together.  When our youngest son and his wife purchased their first home I made a little quilt to commemorate that event.  Here is a picture of the house and a picture of their Little House Quilt.  There are things I would do differently but they were happy with it. So here it is

Now here is their Little House Quilt

A good start, but it get's better
The middle son was next, he and his wife purchased a home and so, of course, we had to make a little house quilt for them also.  They have a little boy and so I included some fun things like their dog running in the front yard and little kitties hiding in the bushes.


Here is their Little House Quilt


You can see that the technique progressed a little from the first one to the second one.  Perspective is better, not floating in air, the landscaping makes it look grounded.  

I will post my tutorial online here as well, so you can see how it's done.  Please let me know if you make one, I would love to see the pictures!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary! Wait till I get the current one done. There will be a new installment this weekend.

    ReplyDelete