Friday, September 24, 2010

Colfax Quilt Show, Colfax, California

The annual Colfax Quilt Show will be held tomorrow, September 25th.  Quilts will be displayed outside between the posts along the sidewalks of this historic Gold Mining and Railroad Town.  This will be my third year with an entry and I am excited to be displaying my quilt which I have titled Miner's Peacock.  The show is one day only and is an absolutely delightful event.

I had a big helper today as I was finishing up some last minute stitching by hand on the binding.  Little Honey Bee so carefully holds the fabric in place for me, she is so gentle and seems to instinctively know when I am working on a quilt, she plops herself down right in the middle of it to make sure that none of the fabric moves.
She is quite effective.  Notice the placement of the paw, just so.  It's a technique that she has developed over several years.  You can tell by her face how very serious she takes this work.  More pictures will be forth coming tomorrow as the quilt show unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment