Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mug Rug Swap Adventure 3 - Halloween


This was fun to make today.  Background of orange cotton with a spider web lace overlay, black cotton cat free motion stitched onto back ground, button and bead spider embellishment, cotton print binding.   I found the cat in stencil form online and liked the look of it, but the tail stuck straight up and wouldn't work for this mug rug, so I cut the tail twice and pieced it back together with scotch tape at the angle that I needed. I used a sprinkling of bonding agent on the back of a piece of black fabric. Then I laid the pattern on top of my black fabric and carefully used my chalk pounce tool to powder over the image.  Lifting off the pattern I had a perfect outline of my cat to cut it out.  The cat was heat bonded to the background and then free motion stitched to create the "fur".   The spider is simply two buttons stacked one on top of the other, with tiny seed bead eyes and bugle bead legs all stitched on with black thread.

This little mug rug will be packed up today with some Halloween treats and mailed off to my partner, hope she likes it!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: