Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Craftsy BOM Blocks for September and February Remake


February's Block was the Balkan Puzzle.  I wasn't happy with the one I made originally, you can see a picture of it below.  I went in a different color direction and it needed a remake.  I like this one now, it looks like a fire opal from across the room.   I still don't care for the technique because it leaves you with cross grain edges which can be difficult and easily stretched.  Just my personal preference.

You can see how it looks in the grand scheme of things now...



The other two blocks that were made for September are both made using curved piecing.  I love curved piecing and although they are technically perfect...you cannot see the detail of the block because of the choice of fabrics...note to self...more contrast in color and size of elements.  But they are pretty and will blend in so I am not going to redo them.






If you like these blocks and want to make your own...check out Craftsy.com  The course is their Block of the Month and it's FREE!  Lots of fun each month, videos are always there for you to refer to, printed handouts for reference and you can view the contributions of those that are also taking the class.  They have lots of free classes for you to sample and some fabulous pay classes that are very reasonably priced.  The subjects run from cooking to sewing, to quilting, to knitting, you name it!  That's Craftsy.com  check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment