Friday, January 4, 2013

Rose Dream Vintage Block Quilt Along #1


Rose Dream - Block #1

Finished my first block in the Vintage Block Quilt Along by Charise Creates.  This was a bit of a challenge with the curved seams, don't look too close, it's far from perfect, but it will be fine looking at it from a galloping horse, as my friend Brenda love to say.  This block is from the Kansas City Star Newspaper circa 1930 and Charise promises that you will be an expert at curves after making this block.  Pins and Starch are her recommendations!  She also did a lot of fussy cutting in her block which made it interesting.  Next block, I will pay more attention to that detail.

The fabrics I am using for this quilt come from the Three Sisters line for Moda.  I purchased them several years ago, so they may or may not still be available.  I actually purchased them to make a completely different quilt, which I made several times, got bored with and decided to save this fabric for another project.  Here we go! On to the second block, I am catching up.  



Night and Day - Block #2

If you would like to quilt along on this Vintage Block journey, you can follow her tutorial and download the pattern free at www.ChariseCreates.blogspot.com  just click on the link for the "Vintage Block Quilt Along" at the top of her website.

Playing with options...what does it look like if you combine these two blocks in a quilt.


Wouldn't this be adorable for a baby quilt, done in pretty pastels.  Love the x and o effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment