Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Bali Charming Table Runner


What can you do with a charm pack?  Well, you can whip up one of these sweet table runners. I used the entire pack of the Bali Snaps that you see above to make this little table runner.  I stacked the fabric and cut it with a 3 1/2 inch finished size Acrylic Quarter Circle Template purchased from Elisa's Backporch Design.  She has all different sizes and they are so quick, fun and easy to work with.  


For the backside, I used two fat quarters of fabric I had laying around which I randomly pieced for some interest.  Then I free motion quilted the piece using a variegated light green on the front and a berry on the bobbin for the backside.  I love quilting leaves.


I finished it off with a bargain bin remnant of batik for the binding. 



 Below is a video by Elisa, showing how to use her templates to make the quarter circle.  I think you will enjoy it.  




She also has a great book titled Crazy Curves Continues



which you can purchase online at Amazon.com or at your favorite quilt store.

No comments:

Post a Comment