Friday, June 21, 2013

Fabric Freaks Friday Fun with the PPP Group!

Circling Geese Block

Our little Paper Piecing Perfection group had such fun this morning!  This time I brought two blocks from Amy Gibson, at Stitchery Dickory Dock.com for the gals to piece.  They are the Circling Geese Block from her Craftsy Class and the Sunny Days Block from her Sugar Block Club.  I will not be posting these patterns online, but will offer you the links below to get them. 
My friend Dianna Atherton joined us for the day all the way from Nevada City and she brought along a most delightful lunch for me!  Thank you Dianna, it was great fun to have you with us today!


Sunny Days

Both of these blocks offer so many design options.  I am working on two quilts concurrently in this group.  One is a "Champagne and Caviar" colorway and the other is a "Fall" colorway.  Both have a completely different feel about them.  I made the block above, Sunny Days, as part of Amy's Sugar Block Club.  You can see how different it looks below.



Last year I took Amy's Craftsy course "Craftsy Block of The Month, 2012" and made the Circling Geese Block.  You can see how different that one looks in Kaffe Fassett fabrics below.


If you like these blocks and want to make some yourself, you can find the patterns at the following links:

For the Circling Geese Block:  www.Craftsy.com
Look for the 2012 Crafts Block of The Month Class.  It is the October Block.

For the Sunny Days Block:  www.stitcherydickorydock.com
You will need to sign up for Amy's Sugar Block Club.  Worth the nominal sign up fee.  She has a great group of gals quilting along with her and it's fun to see all their blocks each month.

I did not have my camera with me at class today and Brenda Allen was kind enough to snap some photos with her phone to send to me...here they are!  Great blocks, successfully executed!


Brenda's Block


Mavis' Block


Sandy's Block


Teri's Block


Dianna's Block


Valerie's Blocks


As I promised my gals, here is the link for Leah Day's 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting!  Please stop by and see her blog, great videos of all kinds of free motion quilting, wonderful instructions.  HINT:  start  on the right side of her blog, scroll down to the Blog Archive and select September 2009, just work your way through from day one!

More to come this weekend, so check back!  I will be uploading some more fun paper piecing patterns for PPP, should be up by Sunday at the latest! 







No comments:

Post a Comment