Sunday, July 17, 2011

Japanese Wrist Bags

I have been having fun this weekend sewing up these Japanese Wrist Bags.  I love them and want more!

I saw the pattern offer and the video online and ordered it up, but it will take 5 days to get here, so I just watched the video and drafted up my own pattern.  These go together in about 20 minutes or less, hold everything you need and nothing more, are light weight and secure when they are closed and on your wrist, I mean seriously, how much do you need to tote around with you?  I have found that the bigger the bag, the bigger the mess you have to sort through to find what you need.  This has resolved that issue for me.  Economy of space.  Smart people those Japanese.

Well here are some pictures of the little bags I stitched last night, you can see they are not difficult.  The large loop feeds through the little loop to close the bag and slips nicely over your hand to sit comfortably on your wrist.  It takes only 1 fat quarter of fabric to make this little gem, with the tiniest sliver of waste, I mean tiny as in toss it, there is no use for what is left. (if you've been reading my blog, you know I'm inundated with scraps presently)  I will put the link for the video at the end of this post if you want to make your own.








Another nice thing about these little bags...you just toss them in the washer and you're good to go.  Here is the video, you can watch it, she shows you step by step how to make them.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Have this same design in a needlecraft book from the seventies. Guess I'll dig it out and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete