Friday, July 22, 2022

Everyone Needs a Zippered Pouch!

 


I have a weakness for pouches, I love them! I love to make them. They are great for organizing not just make up essentials but quilting essentials, EPP kits, first aid supplies for your home or car, quick grab and take office supplies for on the road, there is literally no end to the multitude of uses you can find for pouches.


What a fun way to use up your scraps! For this pouch I have used some 2.5" squares that were left over from a quilt. I simply stitched them together until I had a piece large enough that I could fold in half for the pattern. I chose a pretty liner fabric that would coordinate.


The FREE pattern for this pouch is available through Riley Blake Designs and here is the link for the PDF pattern. Taco Pouch Templates There are several sizes and I will post the video tutorial at the end of this blog. For this pouch I selected the Large Size Template. I used a Chalk Marker to mark around the template and then cut it out with scissors.

 
 
This is what your piece will look like when you open the fold.
 
 

You will also need to cut your lining and interfacing materials with the same template.


Make sure you get an extra long zipper, it makes this pouch quick and easy to create. Follow the directions in the video tutorial by Riley Blake Designs below and you will have yourself a cute pouch! This would be an excellent pattern to use for crumb piecing, using all your random bits and scraps, stitched together to create your own fabric design. For that I would recommend that you cut your interfacing and crumb piece directly onto that to support your work. Have fun with it!


Be sure to watch the video below for complete step by step instructions to create your pouch!





No comments:

Post a Comment