Saturday, April 6, 2013

Danny Goodrich And His Amazing Salsa Recipe!


About a thousand years ago, when I lived in Napa Valley, there was this guy we knew. Danny Goodrich.  He was a biker (yes, I know that may seem out of character for me to hang out with bikers, I have lead an interesting life, enough said)  Well, Danny was an amazing guy, he had the best Bar-B-Que sauce on the west coast!  Everything he cooked was great.  There was no way on earth he would ever give up that Bar-B-Que sauce recipe, ever!  But, he was willing to share his salsa recipe with me and I still have it hand written on a scrap of paper some 30 years later!  It's quick it's easy and it makes about a ton of the most delicious salsa you will ever want to taste!  Here is his recipe:

In a large bowl mix the following:

3 -  28 oz cans of whole tomatoes, mashed
3 -  7 oz cans Ortega Chopped green chilies
1 -  7 oz can Ortega Minced green chilies 
1 1/2 cup purple onion diced
1/2 cup green onion chopped including tops
2 cloves garlic minced
6 oz garlic vinegar
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 tsp of Italian herb or Oregano
1/2 tsp hickory smoke salt (I have changed this and use 1 capful of liquid smoke)
1/3 cup cilantro chopped
1 Tbls garlic powder
1 Tbls lemon herb or lemon pepper
2 tsp salt
2 finely minced fresh jalapeno peppers

Blend well, keep in the refrigerator, makes 5 pints.

(don't worry about refrigerating this...it won't be around long, I guarantee it)







No comments:

Post a Comment