Sunday, July 11, 2010

Patriotic Quilt



Well, making progress, the center is simple strip piecing, cut into 10 inch blocks, turned on point and stitched together, all done on my serger which made it really fast.  Working on the corner stones which are paper pieced and then I will tackle the stripe border which will have a bright gold in it, should make it pop a bit. The quilt below will be a fellow patriotic quilt, it's the Turning Twenty pattern, but I'm not sure what I want to do for the border of it yet and I think I'm going to applique some stars about in the same gold fabric used in the quilt.  Not sure yet.  Pretty clear on what I 
want for the one above.  Turning Twenty is 
quick and easy but I'm not enamored with
the outcome.  I will, however, keep us warm
this winter while we are watching TV.

I like paper piecing for this purpose, it allows me to create a design which I normally couldn't piece without difficulty.  Makes it quick and I'm all for quick!

If you have ideas for a border for the one below, let me know, drop me and e-mail or make a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment