Friday, December 9, 2011

More Bags, More Fun...Great Stocking Stuffers


This little Ruched Happy Bag was made with the pattern by Amy Friend at http://www.duringquiettime.blogspot.com/
I have been having so much fun making these...I fear I may not be able to stop!
For the bag above I used Joel Dewberry Heirloom fabric.

Since everyone seems to be using selvages these days, I decided that my little Happy Bag needed to have a little clipping from the selvage for a "label" just above the pocket.

Here's another little Happy Bag made with Kaffe Fassett fabric...

For the lining on this one I used a fabric from the French Journal Collection...and of course a little clipping of the selvage for a "label".  This way, I can always remember what fabric that was!


The next little pouch I made is also from the French Journal Collection.  I quilted the butterflies individually and inserted a 2.5" piece of contrasting fabric and a fussy cut butterfly to match.  The pattern for this bag is an 8.5 x 11" piece of paper.  Insert a zipper and stitch up the sides...you're done!  You could box the corners if you wanted to or add a little strap.  I just kept this one simple.


The inside is what I love...Lemon Yellow!  A little bit of sunshine with a zip!


Off to sew some more little bags for stocking stuffers!








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on the Ruched Happy Bags! I really love that top one-gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete