Friday, April 6, 2012

Having fun with Craftsy and Their BOM And Swooning!

Before I started teaching my quilt class, I thought it would be a good idea to take a beginner class myself just to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I'm working on my March blocks today, I'm a bit behind with everything else I want to do.  Here are the blocks that I have finished so far.  I'm working on a sixth block right now and will update the posting shortly. (updated)  Then I will need to get busy on my April blocks, but I have a secret stash of hexies already made up, so I am ahead of the game there!  These blocks are all made with Kaffe Fasset fabrics and some random batiks, thai silk and blender cottons. 



The other project I have been working on is a "Swoon" quilt.  You can get the pattern here:  Thimbleblossoms Swoon Quilt Pattern  The blocks are great fun, they are 24" square and I have been making them more difficult and challenging for myself by incorporating the stack and whack technique.   Here is a link for a great tutorial on stack and whack blocks...Connecting Threads Stack and Whack tutorial  Here are the blocks that I have assembled so far, I have 5 more to go!  If you like the stack technique, there are some great books on the subject by Bethany Reynolds.


And if that wasn't enough, I decided that I needed a new pillow cover for an old pillow so I dug through my stash and came up with this.  It's two inch square, half square triangle blocks assembled in an off set manner.


And if that still wasn't enough, I finished a quilt top.  Now to go on a search for backing and binding.


My sweet husband offered to hold up the quilt for a picture...so this is officially a "Walking Quilt" now!

Okay, I better get back to the iron and sewing machine!  I have 3 more Craftsy blocks to do to get caught up! And maybe I can get another Swoon block cut out before I have to clean house.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. HI Karen,
    Love reading about your other projects! This quilt is the one the FH library is doing a version of for their raffle quilt. Yours turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete