Saturday, November 24, 2012

Swooning on a Saturday, The Final Block!


Finally, I have finished the last block for my quilt top.  Yes, this is a Swoon block, doesn't look like it does it?   I have taken some license with the block and inserted strips.  The color placement changes the shape and design of the block.  


Using the Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker, I have this as my potential layout for the finished top.  I think I like it.  The colors are very different in person of course.  Each of the photos were taken in different light at different times as the blocks were completed, so some look brighter than others.  They are all the same in intensity and hues.  It's fun to experiment with the blocks.  Each one is made from the identical pieces, it's just the fabric placement that changes it up.  There are strips added to two of the blocks.  

I have enjoyed this pattern.  Here is a link in case you want to make your own.  You can see from the pattern cover, it looks completely different made up in light fabrics on a white background.  Lots of possibilities and lots of fun!



1 comment: