Saturday, August 4, 2012

Swooning on a Saturday


We were going to go over to see our Granddaughter for her 1st birthday today, but Grandpa is not feeling well and doesn't feel up to the long drive over and back, it would be 7 hours in the car round trip.  I understand, but am disappointed not to be able to share in her day.  He has been having a difficult time lately so I have to respect that.


So, I was up early this morning, hoping to get in some sewing before we were going to leave at 7am.  The power was out yesterday afternoon and I was unable to get any sewing done, not to mention the unbearable heat.  It was over a hundred outside.  Not a good thing to have the power go out in the afternoon.  Anyway, we made the best of it, enjoyed an early dinner of skillet fried chicken and a big green salad.  Spent the time catching up on some magazines and had a generally peaceful afternoon.  Power came back on about 8:30 so we got in a little tv time and then off to bed.


I modified this Swoon block a bit by inserting bits on each of the center sides.  I like that way it looks, we will have to see how it works into the entire quilt.  Thought I would mock up a finished top and see where I am going with the last two blocks that I have yet to complete.

The brightness of each block is different in the photos but in true light, they are all the same intensity.  It will be interesting to see how it looks when it's completed.  Well, off to pour through the fabric and see what I want for the final two blocks.

1 comment:

  1. I am so in love with this..still cannot wait to see the top finished!

    ReplyDelete