Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ring A Ding Ding! And Some Baby Things!


How many times have you gone to the store, you get to the check out and they ask for that store loyalty card and you spend time digging in your purse while those behind you fume.  I decided that I don't need that kind of energy being tossed my way any longer. Today I dug a little key ring out of my craft drawer and punched holes in the corners of all my cards, slid them all on the key ring and I am good to go.  No more fishing through my purse in line.

I am working on a secret swap quilt right now, so I cannot share it online until the swap has taken place next month.  It has turned out really cute and I'm half tempted to make another one for myself!

My friend Brenda's daughter just had a sweet little boy.  He is very tiny and came early, mom has had some health challenges but they are both home and doing well now she reports.  I don't see her much these days because she has an acute case of baby love, understandable.

Yesterday I stitched up this little bib for him.  I am sure it is too big for him right now, but he will grow into it.  Michelle at work has been making a gazillion of these for her granddaughter and was kind enough to give me the pattern. 


Tons of fabric left over from this project, so this morning while I was surfing, I came across a cute pattern at Missouri Star Quilts and decided that was the perfect thing to make.  I will need to shop for a little border fabric and some flannel backing.  I'm not going to put batting inside, it's summer in Sacramento and this is a receiving size, the flannel will be plenty warm.


If you would like to make a quilt using this pattern, here are the directions in video for you from the Missouri Star Quilt Company:


I think this would be a fun quilt to make if you have some fabric that you really want to feature, or to make it in solids and show case your quilting.  Lots of possibilities.  

Too hot to go outside today, so I will be at my sewing table!  More to come...

All finished, a little bib, a burp cloth and a little quilted receiving blanket lined with flannel.  Sweet!










No comments:

Post a Comment